June 10, 2009

Go Big...

Go Big or Go Home is something that I always heard growing up in my home and in many ways has become a personal motto. I grew up in a perfect town in Colorado where I was a quick 30 minute drive from Downtown Denver and 45 minutes away from the middle of the mountains. When I was out with friends either in the city or the Rocky Mountains the saying "Go Big or Go Home" was ever present.

Life should be lived to the fullest each and everyday in whatever manner you decide. Find a passion and chase after it until you catch it or turn blue in the face! Over the past 8 years that I have worked with athletes, clients, coworkers, and bosses I have found a commonality among those that were successful, THEY WENT BIG! Their smiles were contagious, their personalities were enticing, and they worked their BUTTS OFF!

As a personal trainer I try to help people find what it is they want out of this life and then chase it, Go Big. As you take those first steps towards a smaller waist line, a bigger bicep circumference, a shorter one mile time, realize that they are the most important ones of a long and challenging journey. If being healthy and fit were easy everyone would do it right? Maybe you just don't realize how easy it can be...

Since when are fruits and vegetables "health food"? Some one sees you eating an orange at your desk and they ask "What diet are you doing?", fruits and vegetables are not "diet food" they are essential to your well being.

The magic bullet that all of those Infomercials are trying to sell you doesn't come with a money back guarantee, a pill will not make you healthy, reading that book will not melt the fat off of our hips... the magic bullet is so easy to find that no one believes it. Are you ready? Here it comes...

Eat Better and Move More.

The Mayo Clinic made a list of 7 benefits from exercise (there are way more than 7!!)

1. Exercise improves your mood.

2. Exercise combats chronic diseases.

3. Exercise helps you manage your weight.

4. Exercise strengthens your heart and lungs.

5. Exercise promotes better sleep.

6. Exercise can put the spark back into your sex life.

7. Exercise can be — gasp — fun!

The fitness phenomenon is here, hundreds of thousands of Americans love watching "The Biggest Loser", millions are spent on supplements and fitness devices and yet 1 out of every 4 Americans is morbidly obese.

Stop looking for the easy way out, the magic bullet, the next surgical break through and Go Big or you'll Get Big!

I created this blog as a resource for anyone who wants to know anything about fitness, in no way shape or form and I claiming to know it all but I will do all I can to find the answer for you. Like I said, those first steps towards a better quality of life, bigger biceps, smaller waists, faster triathlon times are the most important so let me help in any way I can.

I've worked with recovering bulimics, anorexics, body builders, fat losers, semi pro soccer players, dentists, golfers, lawyers, jewelers, fitness models, soccer moms, football dads, and everyone else in between and I am here at your disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment