June 1, 2009

About


Building Momentum


I have been working as a personal trainer for over 5 years now and received my B.S. in Exercise Science from Utah State University in 2008. I started working as a personal trainer at the Sports Academy and Racquet Club in Logan UT where I learned that as a personal trainer you can not limit your training to the physical aspect...fitness is as much, if not more, mental as it is physical. While there I worked with almost every kind of client, those who were seasoned professionals, first timers, coming back from a crippling cardio
vascular disease, people recovering from eating disorders, and many college students continuing in their fight to stave off the dreaded "Freshman 15".

Upon completion of my degree my wife and I decided to face the toughest of the tough and move out to NYC to see how we'd fair. It was an amazing experience! I worked for Equinox Fitness in Midtown Manhattan and trained some of the most interesting and hard working individuals I have ever known. I learned another lesson while living and working in New York:


We make time for the things we think are important.

Life can be busy and if you loose track of your priorities, what really matters, it will be left to rot by the side of the Hudson. Life is meant to be lived and the best way to accomplish that is by living a healthy life and making time for personal fitness and yourself!

After Equinox I started my own private personal training business which allowed me to work with each client on a more personal level and really make fitness apart of their daily lifestyle. That's what I love about this job, if you can call it that, is helping people change their lives, they way they feel about themselves and the best part is when you see all those long hours of sweat, tears and muscle aches pay off. After much debate and late nights we decided that the New Yorker lifestyle was not for us and decided to return to the Rocky Mountains and try living life in a new direction.


I returned to the Utah area and work as the Fitness Director of The Alta Club in Salt Lake City where I am creating programs to make this club the healthiest and most up to date fitness center in all of Utah. Taking my experiences in Logan, New York, the Corporate World and my own private business and putting them all to use to help people live longer, smile more often, and be healthier every day.

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." ~Jim Rohn~

No comments:

Post a Comment